Welcome to our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page.
If you have a question that isn't answered, please contact us.
AUTHORS PUBLISHED AT OUR IMPRINTS
Even if you’re unsuccessful, we still encourage authors to keep trying. Authors receive constructive feedback on work they have submitted, with pointers on how to make improvements.
The majority of our authors come straight to us. We do ask you to make sure you check our submission guidelines pages for essential information before you submit your books to us though. You can find that here:
Main Submissions Page
Totally Bound Publishing submission calls
Pride Publishing submission calls
Finch Books submission calls
- Individual banner packs created for every one of your books, including images for post cards, bookmarks, social media and email banners.
- Regular ‘How To’ documents uploaded to the author portal to help new and seasoned authors alike to promote and market books alongside our own marketing and sales efforts on your behalf.
- Fabulous cover art to reflect your individual book or series. We ensure that you have a say in how your cover looks.
- Regular newsletters to our readers.
- Regular competitions and promotions of your books.
- Complete anti-piracy and fraud prevention system.
- Maximizing social networking to the best advantage.
- Work with numerous review sites and bloggers around the world.
- Work with PR agencies to boost promotion of your titles and build brand awareness.
- Direct sales – your books will be sold direct from our website, be placed on pre-order six weeks before general release and always enjoy one month exclusivity at our shop before they are sold elsewhere. We provide the latest and most widely used download versions to your readers – ePub, Adobe PDF and Mobipocket. We also provide a send direct to kindle service.
- Author portal – you'll get access to a private author portal where we provide a multitude of 'how-to' documents to aide you in marketing and promoting your books with us.
- Distribution of your books – we work with a worldwide distribution platform to sell your books in multiple formats including eBook, Print and some Audio.
- We have a trade and mass market print solution encompassing USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Europe, Australia, Japan, Brazil and many more.
- Work with international rights agents to enhance opportunities of your titles in different languages
- We have some of the best royalty rates in the industry.
- Without fail we provide monthly royalty payments, on time every month.
- Content Editor – upon contract with us at Totally Entwined you are provided with your own knowledgeable, professional and dedicated content editor. They will work to build a strong relationship with one person who will work with you on all of your future edits.
- Line Editors/Proofreaders – a second and third line edit takes place on all manuscripts before completion to ensure your book is edited to the highest standard.
- We have an author support group that works as a community for staff at Totally Entwined and our authors to interact. It is a place where we can inform you of any important notifications and you can ask us and other authors any questions you may have.
• Individual banner packs created for every one of your books, including images for post cards, bookmarks, social media and email banners.
• Regular ‘How To’ documents uploaded to the author portal to help new and seasoned authors alike to promote and market books alongside our own marketing and sales efforts on your behalf.
• Fabulous cover art to reflect your individual book or series. We ensure that you have a say in how your cover looks.
• Regular newsletters to our readers.
• Regular competitions and promotions of your books.
• Complete anti-piracy and fraud prevention system.
• Maximizing social networking to the best advantage.
• Work with numerous review sites and bloggers around the world.
• Work with PR agencies to boost promotion of your titles and build brand awareness.
AUTHORS AT OPEN PUB
Yes, but it’s painless! If you’re purchasing any of our services we’ll need you to complete a Book information form.
You should be able to complete it in five minutes as long as you have all of the information on your book to hand.
Yes. If you decide you want more services than you initially paid for, you can log back into your account and make an adjustment.
You’ll have an experienced romance fiction editor. Al of our editors have many years’ experience editing our published books and they’re some of the best in the business.
If we know that you intend to send us more than one book in a series we’ll do our best to ensure you get continuity for that series, with the same editor.
A standard practice your book will get three rounds of content edits and one round for a proofread or line edit. If we or you feel that more is needed, an additional charge would be made to cover additional time.
Please take into consideration that we are very experienced at what we do and you will get the best edits possible, however, we are not rewriting your book for you. So when you send us your manuscript it needs to be in a decent enough shape for us to work with. If you send something in that we feel needs more than our standard, we'll have a conversation with you so you can decide what you'd like to do.
It depends what stage we’re at in the process. If you’ve sent us completed files for distribution, you can log into your account and make title changes at any time.
If we’ve finished your edits and you’ve signed off on them, as long as we haven’t already made your versions, we can still make minor changes.
You complete a book information form, so you can send as much or as little information here as you like to ensure that our experienced romance fiction cover artist know what you want them to achieve. Obviously the more detailed the information the better idea they'll get. We suggest that you add links to images if there's a very specific look you want, and make sure you tell us if you want people or items, likes and dislikes etc.
Once the cover art mock up is made, we'll sent it to you so that you can decide if you're happy to sign off on the project. At this point you can have one major change if the cover just isn't doing it for you or up to three minor changes if you just want tweaks.
eBooks - For best results, give us a JPEG at 1500x2400.
Print – We need a PDF, CMYK color. You must send us the full cover flat, including front, back and spine and the spine must be the correct size for the page count.
Yes! You can schedule a promotional price for your book in your author portal.
Price changes should be scheduled as far in advance as possible. While some retail stores may make your price change in hours, some may take longer. Keep that in mind as you choose the starting date of your promotion.
You can pick from three different options.
Self-pub Plan 1 is priced per service, with a 30 day notice period at any time. Our fees are 10% eBook royalties, 35% Audio royalties and 40% Print royalties.
Open Pub Plan 2 – You will only pay 50% of the total amount up front. We don't charge you the rest until your book is selling - so WE take the risk, not you. This plan has a 1 year distribution agreement. Our fees are 35% eBook royalties, 65% Audio royalties and 70% Print royalties.
Open Pub Plan 3 - You will only pay 30% of the total amount up front. We don't charge you the rest until your book is selling - so WE take the risk, not you. This plan has a 2 year distribution agreement. Our fees are 25% eBook royalties, 55% Audio royalties and 60% Print royalties.
If you've already published your book through another distributor, you can still use Open Pub to expand your reach.
We don't hold the rights, you do. And we don't require any kind of exclusivity, so you can have your book anywhere.